Hotel or Entity
Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa
The multi award-winning luxury Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa features 82 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, complemented by signature outlets Left Bank Bistro, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge Conference venues The Boardroom, La Gallerie and a luxurious spa, SoSpa at Sofitel.
Discover the hotel
Anticipated Start Date
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
English (Primary tongue)
Essential and optional requirements
– Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role, preferably including 5 star experience and/or luxury brand customer service.
– Full, clean valid manual driver’s license is essential.
– Knowledge of Opera or similar property management system.
– Immaculate presentation & articulate in communication.
– Effective numeracy, verbal and written communication skills in English and minimum one other language is preferred.
– Excellent organisation and time management skills.
– Ability to build rapport and conduct conversations with guests, as per their wishes.
– An understanding of luxury guest expectations.
– Flexibility to work 7 day rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays.
– Minimum commitment to the role of 12 months.
– Must have a valid New Zeland work visa
In this role you will be the face of the hotel – ensuring a professional and attentive service is provided and expectations exceeded.
To be successful, you will need experience within a similar role and comfortable working within a luxury environment. Impeccable grooming and refined manners will be required by our discerning clientele.
-Up-selling room types where appropriate.
-Efficient and friendly guest service, and willingness to provide exceptional guest service every time.
-Maintaining and settling accurate guest accounts, ensuring cashiering is precise.
-Assisting with guest queries.
-Attending to all incoming calls in a professional and polite manner.
-Maintaining strict security procedures to ensure guest confidentiality and safety.
-Maintaining hotel brand standards.
-Valet parking guest vehicles, as required.