Due to our clients increased workload they require a Site Foreman / Trade Qualified Carpenter. They require a self-motivated individual who can read drawings and specification and carry out the works accordingly. The ideal person must have a very high work standards in both first and second fix carpentry. Previous experience in high end housing is preferable and would give the candidate a favorable advantage. You must be capable of taking on a project and delivering it on time and on budget while maintaining our very high company standards. You must have a proven successful background and bring top skills and knowledge to this award winning company.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your roles & responsibilities are as follows but are not limited to:
• Managing the day to day running of the site which includes coordinating with sub trades & directly employed staff. You will also be expected to work on the tools.
• You will need to have an impeccable record and be able to keep up with constant changes to design. You will need to be computer literate and have a full working knowledge of all aspects of Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and time chainage software.
• Have a full working knowledge of all first & second fix carpentry and be able to pass on your knowledge and skills to younger members of staff.
• You will be communicating with the Architect, Project Manager and the Project Stakeholders on a daily basis so you must be an individual who can professionally represent our company.
• Be able to maintain safety records and keep the highest safety standards at all costs.
• You must be a problem solving individual with a “can do” attitude.
• New Zealand residency, visa or a valid work permit.
• A minimum of three years’ experience supervising staff on large house building projects.
• An excellent knowledge of the New Zealand building standards 3604 and be able to conform to them.
• Be good on all aspects of record keeping including IT.
• Have your own tools; however some equipment will be supplied.
• A current NZ Drivers Licence.
• First Aid Training
• Site Safe
• Project Management Skills
• A very competitive salary.
About A1 Labour Hire
A Queenstown job agency that makes finding a job easy. Register with us today and let employers find you.